This page is designed to help you with the installation of JeppView/FliteDeck
3.0 on your Electronic Flight Bag. To skip to a specific section click
on one of the links below:
- JeppView 3.2 and FliteDeck 3.2 are two separate apps
- JeppView 3.2 is not designed to run on either in a resolution smaller then 1024 x 768. However it will work on 800x600, 1024x600, or 1280x768
(Windows Mode) if necessary.
- Your installation will be easier with an external keyboard or the built in keyboard (FG-7000 series only)
- YOU MUST BE IN WINDOWS (LANDSCAPE) MODE TO BEGIN INSTALLATION
Back to top
JeppView 3.0 / FliteDeck 3.0 Installation Instructions
- Make sure you are in Windows mode on the EFB (Electronic Flight
- UNINSTALL any previous versions of FliteDeck and JeppView and
delete the Jeppview.ini from the C:\Windows or C:\WINNT directory.
You get 3 CDs, which must be installed in the following order:
- JeppView FliteDeck program CD.
- Electronic Chart Data (ECD) CD 1.
- ECD CD 2.
- Be sure the CD-Rom is plugged into the computer and insert the
JeppView FliteDeck CD into the CD-Rom drive. The setup process should
- After the company name and serial number are put in you will be
prompted to choose whether to install JeppView, FliteDeck or both.
On the EFB FliteDeck is the only required program, but ADR recommends
that you install JeppView as well. If you plan (or anticipate the
potential need to) print charts from the EFB JeppView must be installed.
- At the end of the JeppView FliteDeck program installation, Setup
stops and waits for your ECD CD 1.
- The first time the ECD CD 1 is installed a screen should appear that
shows your coverage codes. If your codes are not present check the
box near the bottom of the setup window and click next then enter
the coverage codes as they are displayed on the outside of the JeppView
- Be sure to select FULL INSTALL in order to view the terminal charts
from your hard drive.
- The last screen of the ECD CD 1 install will prompt you to start
the ECD CD 2 installation.
- After the ECD CD 2 is done installing you will be prompted to
restart the system.
- Please reboot the computer and JeppView and/or FliteDeck will
be ready to run.
Back to top
FliteDeck Setup Program
When FliteDeck is run for the first time a separate setup program launches that allows FliteDeck to be configured to your preferences. During this setup there are a few setting that could cause FliteDeck to function improperly (or not function at all) if set improperly. Use the following steps to properly setup FliteDeck:
- When the FliteDeck setup program runs hit the "Interview" button in the lower left corner
- The first choice screen in FliteDeck Setup prompts the user to choose whether FliteDeck will be used as a chart viewer or position information will be included. If you plan to use FliteDeck with position information please follow the lettered steps below, if not please skip to the next step number.
- Before proceeding be certain that you have your GPS manufacturer and Model available and that it is plugged into the system. If you don't have this information or your GPS is unavailable please use FliteDeck as a chart viewer and rerun the setup program when you have this information available.
- On this page please select the option "I want to use my GPS." Select the appropriate GPS vendor and model from the supplied lists.
- After the GPS model is selected FliteDeck needs to check for the location of the GPS, select "Check for GPS now." If Jeppesen cannot find the GPS this will have to be setup manually from the GPS tab in the main FliteDeck setup window. Please consult a technician for this setup process.
- If a GPS device was found FliteDeck should now be able to use a GPS position.
- To change any of these setting later the interview can be rerun or use the GPS tab in FliteDeck Setup.
- The following choice allows for the selection of the layout of FliteDeck. If FliteDeck will be used in landscape mode at all ADR recommends that "Default layout" be used. For those users who will only be using FliteDeck in portrait mode either layout can be used. In the "Default layout" navigation and control buttons will be along both sides of the screen, but in "Jeppesen EFB layout" the buttons will be along the top. ADR still prefers the "Default layout" but preferences may change from user to user.
- The next choice allows the user to remove the onscreen keyboard. Without some from of keyboard it will be next to impossible to select different airports. ADR recommends that anyone with a Tablet PC or Convertible keep the virtual keyboard available.
- The following choice allows including or excluding function key labels in FliteDeck. This choice is user preference.
FliteDeck is now setup for use on your EFB. If you need to change any settings later FliteDeck setup can be rerun later from Windows mode on the EFB. Go to Start->Programs->Jeppesen->JeppView FliteDeck3->FliteDeck Setup.
Back to top
Activate Your New FliteDeck Software
When you first run FliteDeck 3.0 it asks you to activate your subscription in one of three ways:
- Automatically over the internet - as long as the EFB is connected to the Internet activation will be automatic
- From the Jeppesen website - also requires an Internet connection. To activate Jeppesen this way follow these steps:
- This option will take you to a screen that displays a Jeppesen HTML link: www.jepptech.com/activation.
- Enter or paste your serial number and site code into the boxes on the Web page and click GET SITE KEY.
- Type or paste the site key that appears in the Site Key box into the Activation wizard dialog box and click NEXT.
- Click Finish to begin using FliteDeck.
- Calling Jeppesen customer service.
Back to top
De-Activating Your Software
Your license allows installation of any combination of JeppView and
FliteDeck on up to four computers per subscription. If any of the following
situations should occur the JeppView/FliteDeck subscription must be
deactivated on the computer that is experiencing the problems:
- You are replacing your computer and want to install on another computer.
- Your computer or hard drive fails and requires service.
- You are about to perform major modifications to your EFB.
(In the last 2 instances, JeppView FliteDeck may not recognize
your EFB as the same EFB when you get it working again. If you
are planning major service on your EFB, deactivate FliteDeck first.
If your EFB goes down unexpectedly, call Jeppesen Customer service
There are 2 ways to deactivate:
- Uninstalling the programs and selecting YES when the deactivation wizard asks if you would like to deactivate JeppView FliteDeck.
- If you installed JeppView FliteDeck in their default folders you can execute one of the following executable files:
Back to top
If you need any additional help with installing Jeppview or Flitedeck contact Advanced Data Research